Google Event Community Guidelines and Anti-Harassment Policy
Google is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Google takes violations of our policy seriously and will respond appropriately. All participants of Google events must abide by the following policy:
Be excellent to each other.
Treat everyone with respect. Participate while acknowledging that everyone deserves to be here — and each of us has the right to enjoy our experience without fear of harassment, discrimination, or condescension, whether blatant or via micro-aggressions. Jokes shouldn’t demean others. Consider what you are saying and how it would feel if it were said to or about you.
Speak up if you see or hear something.
Harassment is not tolerated, and you are empowered to politely engage when you or others are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be aware of what they are doing, and politely bringing their behavior to their attention is encouraged.
Practice saying "Yes and" to each other.
It’s a theatre improv technique to build on each other’s ideas. We all benefit when we create together.
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Deliberate intimidation
- Harassing photography or recording Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Offensive verbal language
- Verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination
- Sexual imagery and language in public spaces
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual or physical attention In relation to, but not limited to: Neurodiversity Race Color National origin Gender identity Gender expression Sexual orientation Age Body size Disabilities Appearance Religion Pregnancy Social demographic
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Our zero tolerance policy means that we will look into and review every allegation of violation of our Event Community Guidelines and Anti-Harassment Policy and respond appropriately. We empower and encourage you to report any behavior that makes you or others feel uncomfortable by finding a Google staff member or by emailing email@example.com