Google Pay It Forward Challenge
At Google, we value diversity and inclusion and we support individuals who do the same. The Google Staffing Programs team is celebrating diversity and honoring Black History Month by hosting our annual Pay It Forward Challege. This year, we are inviting US-based undergraduate and graduate students to showcase how they have positively impacted the Black community
In honor of Black History Month, undergraduate and graduate students are invited to showcase how they have positively impacted and influenced their local communities within the US. In particular, we’re seeking leaders whose work has demonstrated a commitment to expanding access and opportunities for the Black community. We’re seeking students that have organized service or philanthropic support to their community. Examples may include volunteering at an after school program, fundraising for an initiative or starting a community project.
Before entering, please read the guidelines below and the FAQ. We look forward to seeing your submission!
How to Enter
- Please first review our Pay It Forward FAQ
- Then complete this entry form and tell us how you have positively impacted the Black community.
Are at least 18 years of age
- Currently attend an undergraduate or graduate school at an accredited college and/or university in the United States
Currently living in the United States
- Demonstrate a commitment to expanding access and opportunity for their local community
The deadline to submit completed applications is March 10th, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.
To enter the challenge, individuals must submit an entry form.
Applicants must provide proof of enrollment to their College or University.
For additional information on what qualifies as “impacting the Black community” see the FAQ.
Judging Process & Criteria
Submissions will be judged by a team of Googlers on the following criteria:
Scale and breadth of impact (35%)
Long- and short-term impact (35%)
- Vision, future plans (20%)
What if I am selected?
Selected individuals will be announced by the end of March and if selected, students:
- Will be featured on the Google Student Blog highlighting the impact of their work
- May connect with Googlers to gain guidance on how to amplify their impact
- Will receive a swag bag
- Submissions are due March 10th, 2017 at 11:59pm PST
- Selected individuals will be announced by the end of March
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
WhenFebruary, 07 2017 - March, 10 2017 11:59PM PST