[Launched] Outcome Based Buying
Outcome based buying allows DV360 users to pay-for-outcomes (e.g. clicks) instead of paying for impressions (CPM). Pay for the actions you care about.
When it comes to bidding in DV360, we want to ensure you can:
- Optimize to higher quality customer actions, not just clicks & impressions - with a vision to provide transaction flexibility based on actions.
- Effectively reach consumers in the changing digital ecosystem with solutions to manage evolving auction dynamics and mitigate privacy disruption.
- Leverage the most powerful algorithms, helping you connect your insights with Google intelligence.
Which campaigns would benefit most from Outcome Based Buying?
- DV360 buyers interested in paying for outcomes (pay per clicks, currently) instead of impressions (CPM).
- Click Through Conversions (CTCs) are the main/only campaign KPI that your campaign is optimizing for.
- Data Requirements for outcome based buying: Minimum of 10 Post Click Conversions per Insertion Order per day & 2 Post Click Conversions per Line Item Per Day. Please make sure you have a high enough volume of post click conversions for the outcome based buying algorithm to optimize off.
Non Ideal Campaigns
- Marketers seeking impression level transparency. Users should favor the outcome metric vs having impression level media data.
- View Through Impressions (VTCs) are a major part of the conversion KPI and make up a large volume of conversions coming in for the campaign - regular Automated Bidding would be a better fit for campaigns that take VTCs into account. Outcome-based buying for Clicks does not optimize for VTCs, and conversion reporting for outcome based buying line items will not report on VTCs in DV360.
- Campaigns that don’t meet Click Through Conversion data minimum thresholds - if the campaign has a low volume of click through conversions, regular Automated Bidding would be a better fit.
- Campaigns that are using Tag Wrapped Creatives. 3rd party tag wrapping is not supported for OBB. Approved 3rd party verification monitoring pixels are supported. Read more!
Snapchat Measurement in Campaign Manager
Snapchat server-to-server measurement is now available in Campaign Manager. With this new integration, we have successfully transitioned Snapchat’s measurement to server-to-server for newly created campaigns (with existing campaigns migrating over the next few weeks).
How does this work?
- A new server-to-server integration tracks impressions and clicks on Snapchat’s Snap Ads and Story Ads formats.
- Historically, Snapchat has not provided us with device IDs for their impressions. Moving forward, Snapchat and Google will work together to identify a limited number of customers for whom Snapchat will share device IDs for testing attribution and reach.
- Extensive verification and reconciliation help ensure the quality of the data reported to Google by Snapchat.
How do customers get started?
- Create a new tracking or click tag in Campaign Manager, just like normal.
- Traffic the tag to Snapchat as part of the campaign setup.
- Impression and click data will be available for reporting in Report Builder. Note the Measurement Source will say “Provided” for impression data.
Click here for more details!
[Action Required] Environment and Positioning Targeting Revamp
By the end of August, we’ll be introducing a revamped experience for environment and position targeting in Display & Video 360. The current environment targeting options were built for an internet that primarily consisted of display ads on desktop and mobile web. As user behavior and the ads ecosystem have evolved, we want to provide Display & Video 360 users with the ability to target their ads explicitly based on environment (app or web) and position (on screen or in content).
The new targeting settings will allow you to:
- Better target display, video, and audio ads with increased accuracy and granularity.
- Explicitly target new inventory sources, such as out-stream video across screens.
- Easily find related options with clearer targeting groupings.
You’ll see end-to-end updates across Display & Video 360 to support this change.
Training & Learning
Display & Video 360 Upcoming Livestreams
Personalise creative based on audience & contextual signals in real time with Data Driven Creatives in GMP - September 12th @10am [UK time]
Studies show that 70% of campaign success can be attributed to the creative, and while the majority of advertisers are using advanced segmentation and data-driven strategies for media targeting, they still use a single display creative to reach their audience. Join our next Livestream to learn how can you get the most of Data Driven Creatives with the GMP Stack: DV360, CM and Studio.
Register: On Air Series »
Automating processes with the Google Marketing Platform API's
Learn how you can automate processes like trafficking, reporting, optimization and data activation thanks to the GMP APIs. In this session, we will deep dive into the different APIs available in DV360, CM, SA360 and GA360 and how to connect them to your operations to make your business more efficient.
Improve efficiency with Structured Data Files (SDF)
Learn how SDFs can aid to improve the efficiency with which customers create and optimize their DV360 campaigns. You will save time and resources by automating processes through the usage of csv files and in-UI upload workflows.
Bidding Automation in D&V360
Learn about bidding automation in D&V360 and how to improve campaign performance and save campaign management time thanks to our powerful machine learning algorithms.