What: Google Earth Engine User Summit 2017
When: June 12 - 14, 2017
Where: Google Headquarters, Mountain View, California
How: Applications are now closed.
Google will be hosting a special three-day hands-on technical workshop at the Googleplex in Mountain View. This summit will bring together researchers and educators in GIS and remote sensing who have been using Google Earth Engine, or are interested in learning how to use Google Earth Engine for planetary-scale cloud-based geospatial analysis. You will connect with Google instructors and engineers, other Earth Engine users, and get resources for using Google's geospatial tools in your research, teaching, and advocacy.
Cost: Attendance is free, following acceptance into the workshop through Google’s application process. Breakfast and lunch on these 3 days will be provided free to participants.
Who should attend?: This workshop is designed for mapping and technology specialists, researchers and instructors who are actively working on projects or teaching courses related to remote sensing or mapping. You will learn highly practical online tools to collect, analyze, visualize, and publish map data using Google's geospatial tools. Current Earth Engine users will get a chance to exchange tips and discuss their projects. Applicants should meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Are currently working on geospatial projects (of their own or with students/collaborators), or have datasets they want to map and analyze.
- Have used Earth Engine in the past and want to share your knowledge and learn more.
- Have intermediate-to-advanced technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Earth Engine
- GIS or remote sensing/image analysis experience
- Web/multimedia development
- Programming for Google Geo APIs
- Possess training experience and intend to train others within their institution.
To ensure an effective hands-on experience, there will be a limited number of seats, so we may not be able to accept every workshop applicant.