14:00 - 16:00 GMT, 17th April 2019 - How to Make Your Website Convert Better
About this event
Who is the course aimed at?
This is the 5th event where Paul Rouke has delivered this in-depth session at Google Digital Garage and the second time Paul has been invited to present in Edinburgh by Google Digital Garage.
The course is aimed at everybody who wants to learn how to improve the customer experience and conversion rate of their website. Whether you are thinking about starting a business, you're a one-man band, head-up an SME or you work within an organisation, everything that you will learn is applicable.
"Excellent - I have taken away 5 things to implement with regards to our website"
The training course establishes the core foundations and guiding principles for any successful website, along with explaining and providing examples of the most advanced ways to engage and convert visitors on your website.
"Fantastic, really engaging speaker."
Paul Rouke - keynote speaker, author, trainer, founder, business owner and Director of Optimisation at PRWD - will share his insights and real-world experiences and explain how you can apply them to your own website.
For over 18 years, Paul has been improving the user experience of brands such as Shop Direct, Skyscanner, Schuh, MBNA, Booking.com, Moss Bros. Speedo, Sage and Games Workshop. Since 2014 Paul and the PRWD team have developed and refined the Conversion Optimisation Maturity Model, available to use for free online, and which has benchmarking data from companies around the world in various sectors.
14:00 - Optimising Customer Experiences Session [60-mins]
· How to recognise the characteristics of poor online experiences
· Why the fundamentals of website usability are vital
· Website fundamentals: Usability, UX and CRO
· Learn how such terms as ‘usability’ differ from ‘user experience’
· Best practice in online usability
· Explore why user research will reveal even more about your online user
· From website usability to CRO: How to get your site converting
· Discover the true meaning of Conversion Optimisation and how it will grow your business
15:30 - Q&A [30-mins]
Plus, if there’s time, on-the-fly advice for your very own website. 16:00 - Close