Progressive Web Apps are experiences that combine the best of the web and the best of apps. They load quickly, even on flaky networks, can re-engage with users by sending web push notifications, have an icon on the home screen and load as top-level, full screen experiences.
Please join us to learn about the future of the web with Progressive Web Apps, why they are important and how to build and deploy them effectively.
The event will take place in 3 locations in Sub-Saharan Africa:
Nairobi, Kenya: Monday, 15 August 2016 | Lagos, Nigeria: Thursday, 18 August 2016 | Johannesburg, South Africa: Monday, 22 August 2016.
Registration is now closed for the SSA PWA roadshow. We will be getting in touch with shortlisted applicants on August 10th.
Overview of Topics
1. What are Progressive Web Apps
2. Myth-busting HTTPS
3. High Performance Interactions
4. Instant and Offline Apps with Service Worker
5. Deep Engagement: Installable Apps and Push Notifications
6. Tooling for Progressive Web Apps: to the Lighthouse
7. The Future of the Web Platform
8. Codelab: My First Progressive Web App
9. Codelab: Service Worker Tools and Lighthouse