Terms and Conditions
DATE EXTENSION: To increase encourage participation from kids, Camp Google has now extended the last datey from 20th July, 2020 to 25th July, 2020.
BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Competition, you must agree to these Terms and Conditions (T&C’s) . Therefore, please read these T&C’s prior to participating in the competition to ensure you understand the Terms and agree with the same. You agree that submission of an entry in the Competition constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the competition and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Google with respect to the Competition.
ELIGIBILITY : This competition is open to students between age group 8-16 years holding Indian nationality and studying in any school in India, who have obtained their parent’s and/or legal guardian’s permission to enter and whose parents and/or legal guardians consent to be bound by these terms and conditions in their own right and on behalf of the entrant excluding employees (and their immediate families) of Google India Private Limited ("Google") and any affiliates, as well as representatives or agencies of Google or other persons professionally connected with the Camp Google. At the time of submission of the entry, each Entrant must: (i) be an Indian citizen (e.g., must be able to show proof of citizenship, if asked for); (ii) be enrolled in an Indian School; and (iii) have agreed to be bound by these Rules. Information on how to enter and winner details set out in all communications regarding the Camp Google form part of the terms and conditions.
COMPETITION PERIOD: Entrants must submit their Assignments, directly to Google, by submitting the Google forms for each assignment at https://events.withgoogle.com/summercamp2020 . The opening date for receipt of entries by Google from participants is 1st July 2020; 10:00 HRS IST and the closing date for receipt of entries by Google is 20th July 2020; 23:00 HRS IST. All entries must be submitted online. Entries received after this time will not be eligible for participating in Camp Google.
HOW TO ENTER : NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the competition, visit the website https://events.withgoogle.com/summercamp2020 during the Competition Period and follow the instructions that appear on the website body. Read the instructions for each assignment properly and then go ahead to fill the online entry and submit once you are done. Please do not leave the open entry for longtime as it will be reloaded automatically and you will be asked to redo everything again.
ASSIGNMENT REQUIREMENT/ STRUCTURE : Please read the questions carefully and submit your answers accordingly. Each assignment has 3 sections except Relish food/ Cooking which are as follows (i) Objective type questions related to the verticals mentioned on the website; (ii) Subjective type questions where you are required to create something using your own imagination, and upload the same to enter; (iii) Objective type questions based following the right online safety measures and be a good digital citizen.
JUDGING AND SELECTION OF WINNERS :
- Each assignment will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”:
- All assignments submission - All assignments have to be submitted by the kid in order to qualify for the first round. (Every kid to use the same email ID for all five assignments)
- Show us what you have learnt(Objective type questions) - All the answers must be correct.
- Show us your creative side (Subjective Type Question)- All kids to keep the restrictions in mind, while answering the question: (i) Description of the assignments, (ii) Presentation/ Look and feel, (iii) Project specifics details - based on techniques, (iv) Google products usage.
- Adherence to the Camp requirements and these Rules. Google has hired third-party administrator Meraki Communications Private Limited. Meraki Communications Private Limited is an independent, third-party marketing services organization retained by Google to assist with the administration of this Competition. At times during the Competition, agency representatives may contact an Entrant for customer service purposes. By entering, all participants agree to receive phone calls and emails from the Agency.
- Google and its Camp Google partners may use the assignment entries in any manner they see fit (including with or without attribution) within future communications. The Assignments may also be used by Google and its Camp Google partners for press and media purposes.
- There are two age groups (8 - 11 year old kids & 12 - 16 year old kids), who can participate in this competition. Hence the assignments for each vertical have been made keeping the age groups in mind.
- A group of 15 Finalists from each group will be announced based on the selection by the backend team.
- For selection of Winners, the Finalists might be required for an in-person presentation or telephone or video interview under parental/legal guardian and/or school teacher’s supervision.
- Entries will not be returned, and only one entry per Entrant is allowed for each assignment. In the case of duplicate or multiple entries from the same Entrant, then the first entry to arrive at the designated submission address (as determined by the "received by" date) will be accepted as the entry into the competition.
- All state and local laws and regulations apply. Google reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Competition if, in Google's sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or threaten or harasses any other entrants, Google, or the Judges.
GRATIFICATIONS : Acceptance of prizes is subject to permission from a parent or legal guardian. The finalists will be announced based on a combination of their score of the respective assignment and the functionality of Competition they submit during the span of the Camp Google. The finalists will be notified directly on or before 20th August, 2020 via email. The finalists get the exciting prizes by Google India at the culmination of the competition.
- All students who complete the camp ( all the assignments) get a participation e-certificate.
- Top 100 kids will get finalists certificates.
- The top 15 winners will get personalised calls/messages by an inspirational leader/celebrity. All finalists must be accompanied/ have consent of parent/legal guardian to be part of the video call.
- Top 15 will get Winner certificates.
- Top 15 winners will get virtual sessions and courses gifted by the associated YouTubers themselves on the Camp verticals.
- The best assignments of top 15 winners will be showcased on Google India social media handles.
PRIVACY : Any personal information collected during the course of Camp Google by Google will only be used for administering this competition, or as otherwise set out in these terms and conditions. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Camp Google constitutes the entrant's and his or her parent's and/or legal guardian's consent to the storage, use and disclosure of the entrant's entry details as set out in these terms and conditions and also constitutes acknowledgment by the entrant and his or her parent and/or legal guardian that Google may use overseas facilities to process, store or back up its information. However, this does not change any of Google's commitments to safeguard the entrant's privacy. Subject to parental and/or legal guardian consent, the Winner from each assignment and the finalists may be required to participate in publicity such as press interviews or other promotion on the Google services, or those of its Camp Google Campaign, connected with the assignments after the conclusion of the Camp Google which Google or its partners may reasonably arrange. Entrants acknowledge that Google may partner with one or more organisations for the purposes of Camp Google, and entrants' personal information and Assignments may be disclosed to Google's partners.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: All entries and any intellectual property rights in such entries become and remain the sole property of Google. Each entrant consents to all relevant acts or omissions in relation to that person's moral rights in his or her entry which may or might otherwise constitute a breach or infringement of those moral rights and, to the extent permitted by law, waives all of his or her moral rights in the entry. The entrant agrees that, except where prohibited by law, and unless otherwise advised by the entrant, all entries will be entered into a database and Google reserves the right to use the entrant's entry for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid by or to the entrant.
MEDIA ACTIVITY/ PUBLICITY : By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Competition as reasonably requested by Google at Google’s expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by Google. Google will contact Entrants in advance of any Google-sponsored media request for interviews. The project submissions may also be used for promotional, marketing, press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the project submission. Google reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the Entrants, the Finalists and the Winners on the Competition Website or through other media for publicity purposes. Entrants acknowledge that they will not be paid for use of name and/or likeness or entry submissions and hereby relinquish (and with respect to its company, if applicable) any past, present, or future monetary or other claims against Google and its affiliates for this use.
FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of India, and the courts in New Delhi will have exclusive jurisdiction to try any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions.
GENERAL CONDITIONS :
- Google accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or misled, howsoever caused.
- To participate in the competition, the participants need to submit the entries through email. For children below the age of 13, submissions to be made by the parents or local guardian through their email address.
- Google’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to such a decision.
- There is no cash alternative and the prizes must be taken as offered. Google reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should a prize become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept their prize then Google reserves the right to award the prize to the next best entry, as judged by the panel consisting of independent judges and Google employees.Google’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to such decision.
- In submitting an assignment each entrant represents and warrants that he/she is the owner of the Assignment and the copyright in it, and that in creating and submitting the Assignment the entrant has not violated any law for the time-being in force, including the rights of privacy and publicity of any individual. Please note that under relevant laws of India, use of the National Flag, and other national symbols such as the Ashoka Chakra for certain purposes including as part of a corporate logo, are not permitted. Each entrant consents to its being used in the manner set out in these terms, or (where the entrant is not the owner) that he/she has obtained the consent of the owner(s) to use it in the manner set out in these terms without any further payment. Google reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it deems such entry to violate any law or regulation for the time being in force, without notice to the participant who submitted that entry. Google’s decision in this respect will be final and binding on the participant. Google reserves the sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any stage, including for a violation of this clause.
- Google does not assume any responsibility for any products and services offered under the Camp Google. The products and services are provided solely by the relevant vendors, under such terms and conditions as determined by such vendors, and Google accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with such products and services. The products and services have not been certified by Google and under no circumstances shall the inclusion of any product or service in the Camp Google be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of such product or service by Google.
- The entrants and their parents and/or legal guardians acknowledge that Google and its directors, officers, employees and agents, shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the entrant's participation in the Camp Google or a prize winner's receipt or use of any part of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Except for warranties and conditions implied by law which cannot be excluded, Google makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality or suitability of any prizes awarded under these terms and conditions. Certain legislation may imply conditions or warranties which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. In this event, to the extent permitted by law, Google's liability is limited to, at its option: (i) the replacement of the prize or the supply of an equivalent prize; or (ii) the payment, if it does not contravene any law, of the cost of the replacement or supply.
- For more information about Camp Google, please visit https://events.withgoogle.com/summercamp2020