Learn and practice
with the expert engineers
from Google Earth Engine.
What: Google Earth Engine Mini Summit 2018 in Tokyo
When: March 15 – 16, 2018
Where: Google Japan Office @ Roppongi Hills, Minato-ku, Japan
How: Apply here.
* This workshop will be held in English.
Google Earth Engine team will be hosting a special two-day hands-on technical workshop at the Google Japan Office in Tokyo. This mini summit will bring together researchers and educators in GIS and remote sensing who have been using Google Earth Engine, or are interested in learning how to use Google Earth Engine for planetary-scale cloud-based geospatial analysis. You will connect with Google Earth Engine instructors and engineers, other users and get resources for using Google's geospatial tools in your research, teaching, and advocacy.
Cost: Attendance is free, following acceptance into the workshop through Google’s application process. Lunch on these 2 days will be provided free to participants.
Who should attend?: This workshop is designed for mapping and technology specialists, researchers, students and instructors who are actively working on projects or teaching courses related to remote sensing or mapping. You will learn highly practical online tools to collect, analyze, visualize, and publish map data using Google's geospatial tools. Current Earth Engine users will get a chance to exchange tips and discuss their projects. Applicants should meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Are currently working on geospatial projects (of their own or with students/collaborators), or have datasets they want to map and analyze.
- Have used Earth Engine in the past and want to share your knowledge and learn more.
- Have knowledge of Earth Engine and intend to train others within their institutions.
- Have intermediate-to-advanced technical experience of GIS or remote sensing/image analysis experience.
To ensure an effective hands-on experience, there will be a limited number of seats, so we may not be able to accept every workshop applicant.