Registration for this session has reached maximum capacity and is now CLOSED.
Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine
This course will teach you how to containerize workloads in Docker containers, deploy them to Kubernetes clusters provided by Google Kubernetes Engine, and scale those workloads to handle increased traffic. You'll also learn how to continuously deploy new code in a Kubernetes cluster to provide application updates.
What you'll learn
- Understand how software containers work.
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes.
- Understand the architecture of Google Cloud.
- Understand how pod networking works in Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Create and manage Kubernetes Engine clusters using the Google Cloud Console and gcloud/kubectl commands.
This class is intended for the following:
Application developers, Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, IT managers.
Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments, as well as Web server technologies such as Nginx
Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
What to bring
For this class, please bring:
Laptop (Windows, Mac OS or Linux)