Google for Startups Accelerator: Women Founders
Learn more and apply to Google for Startups Accelerator: Women Founders, a three-month digital accelerator program for high potential Seed to Series A tech startups founded by women, based in the U.S. and Canada.
Google For Startups Women Founders Start
Google for Startups Women Founders Start is a five-day training and accelerator boot camp for early stage, Latin American based, women-led startups (Seed Capital to Series A) tailored to the needs of startups. The program focuses on solving domain-specific challenges, including product, design, marketing, business, and growth.
People + AI Guidebook
June 15, 2023
Humans are brilliant but flawed and biased humans, intentionally and unintentionally shape every facet of machine learning. This Guidebook is a toolkit that can help you make AI product decisions that are human-centered. It helps you ensure that the time and resources you invest in building AI make a big impact, while putting the user first the entire time.
Coming out of this session you will learn:
- What human-centered AI is
- How AI can add value for your business
- How to communicate the value of AI to your customers
Meena Kaushik, UX Designer, Google
This session will be led by Meena Kaushik. Meena has her Master's degree from Berkeley in Information Management & Systems before joining Google as a UX Interaction Designer. In her core role Meena supported People & AI Research for PAIR, Google's privacy-first data solution for 1P data, before focusing on the Google Assist product, a Google voice assistant anchored in AI. Her education and experience with AI focused products brings a rich knowledge set to our discussion.
Product Monetization Fireside 201
May 11, 2023
No matter how strong your product and/or service becomes, your monetization strategy determines the return on your efforts. It could even be argued that product monetization is as important as the problem you're solving for your customers, so why aren't we putting the same amount of attention into it?
If you're starting to plan or just ramping up your product monetization strategy learn from 3 product monetization experts. During this session we learn about their perspectives and recommended approaches to product monetization based on their years of experience.
- How to get started and optimize your monetization strategy
- Pitfalls and mistakes to avoid
- Specific experiences of 3 seasoned entrepreneurs
Our Fireside Panelists
Product User Value & Roadmapping
April 6, 2023
As founders, it’s important to create a favorable experience for your users. It's crucial to measure and test the product to ensure it meets their expectations from the user experience and this is really a vital part of the design process. A product roadmap can help communicate the product vision and put plans into action.
In this session you'll learn:
- Understanding and Articulating User Value Through Testing and Product Experimentation
- Creating Balanced and Actionable Product Roadmap
- Creating Executable Product Specification
Sergey Sundukovskiy, Ph.D
March 9, 2022
Measurement is crucial to success, especially for startups, and it's not always easy to know where to start. Google Analytics is a free, powerful digital analytics platform that can help you understand your customers and learn about what's working to optimize your business strategy.
Coming out of this session you will learn about
- The elements of the Google Analytics Platform
- Setup and implementation of Google Analytics
- How put the insights into practice
Yuliya Bazyleva, Sr. Analytics Lead, Google
Feb 9, 2023
Starting and growing a business isn't just about generating transactions, it's about building a community of users. In fact, according to First Round Capital, nearly 80% of founders reported building a community of users as important to their business. In this Community Management session, we will discuss the whys and hows of community-driven growth through case studies and examples.
This session covers:
- The value of communities for startups
- Building and managing communities
- How to create your own strategy
Traci Cappiello, Global Program Manager
Google Cloud 201
Nov 17, 2022
This session will be a follow up to the Google Cloud Platforms 101. This 201 session covers database fundamentals with a focus on the different types of databases available and the trade-offs of each.
Coming out of this session you will understand:
- Different databases available on the market (and why cloud-managed databases are so popular)
- How to pick the right database for the right job
- How to scale and prepare yourself to be flexible in today's multi-cloud world
Glen Yu, Sr. Manager of Cloud Engineering
Google Cloud 101
Nov 10, 2022
As founders, choosing the right technology for your organization is a foundational decision for your company. Selecting a database is challenging and can impact the future success of your company. During the month of November we will host an introduction to one platform, Google Cloud Platform, to understand the factors to consider when choosing your tech.
In this session we discussed:
- What a database is
- The offering of Google Cloud
- How to choose the right Database
Juantomas Garcia, Google Cloud Developer
Product Monetization Fireside
Oct 20, 2022
If you're starting to plan or just ramping up your product monetization strategy this conversation is relevant for you. We sat down with 3 product monetization experts to learn about their perspectives and recommended approaches to product monetization based on their years of experience.
In this session we discussed:
- Monetization options to consider
- How to monitor and measure success of your strategy
- When and how to optimize
Our Fireside Panelists
Build Thriving Networks
Sept 8, 2022
Are you dreaming about a courageous leap with your venture, but feel you are lacking the network to make that happen? The path to success is paved by networks - but the old schmoozing approach to networking is not the way! Get ready to ditch your outdated networking mindset for a thriving one, in this session with networking expert and author, J. Kelly Hoey.
This session covers:
- Defining networking so it works for you and the goals you're pursuing
- The unique networks women need to proactively create around their career
- Strategies for approaching online networking, so these tools enhance your offline networking efforts.
Kelly Hoey, Coach & Author
UX Design Thinking
Aug 18, 2022
A users experience with your product can mean the difference between acquiring a loyal customer and an immediate drop off. As a tech founder, UX design is crucial to your business' success. This UX Design Thinking session we will review the recommended design process to define your product offering or create a shared vision.
In this recording you will learn:
- The principles of design thinking and why it’s important
- How to try out the process and principles
- When to apply the process to create solutions to recognized opportunities
Preethi Srinivas, Sr. UX Researcher
Public Speaking Workshop
July 21, 2022
Continuously improving communication skills is crucial for all leaders and is a foundational skill for founders to communicate their value and develop relationships. Learn about the key tools for effective public speaking.
Coming out of this workshop you will understand:
- The connection of persuasive communication, purpose and value creation
- Practices for communicating powerfully in business conversations from pitching investors to leading team meetings
- Using personal strengths and authenticity as the foundation for communication
- Tools for preparing and practicing including creating healthy boundaries for soliciting constructive feedback
Jill Murphy, Founder, Investor & Coach
Business Plan Development Workshop
May 19, 2022
A business plan is one of the most important exercises for anyone who wants to start or grow a business. It will help founders to determine the project going forward, how well the objectives have been met and, sometimes, to raise money. Planning is a vital exercise to start a new venture properly and strategically.
This workshop addresses:
- The basic content that a business plan should have
- Strategies for how to to gather the information
- How to develop different versions of the same business plan, depending on the audience breadth of experience working with tech entrepreneuers and startups.
Dr. Candy Flores-Gracia, PHD and Startup Mentor
How to Hire Your First PM
April 14, 2022
Hiring is a daunting task and hiring your first Product Manager is a critical step in the growth of your organization. This session will help you answer some of the most important questons in this process:
- Why do I need a PM or Product Lead?
- What is the role of a PM?
- How can I get started with fundraising to Hire a PM?
This session is led by Auriel Wright. Auriel is an Product Manager at Google with first hand entreprenuerial experience with her own startup through Harvard Innovation Lab and a breadth of experience working with tech entrepreneuers and startups.
Auriel Wright, Product Manager
Google Analytics Deep Dive
March 16, 2022
In this Deep Dive session we look into the Analytics tools to understand the Firebase technology within the Analytics suite (Google Analytics 4). During this session you will learn how to implement Google Analytics to your app or website and measure customer engagement to grow your business
This session is led by Santiago Martinez. Santiago is an Advertising Solutions Architect within Google working with Analytics, Firebase and Google Ads.
Santiago Martinez, Advertising Solutions Architect
Google Analytics Overview
March 10th, 2022
This session addresses the elements of the Google Analytics Platform, setup & implementation of Google Analytics and how put the insights into practice.
This training was led by Yuliya Bazyleva, a Senior Analytics Lead with Google, working with Fortune 500, leading marketers in Tech B2B to advance their digital marketing and measurement maturity.
Yuliya Bazyleva, Senior Analytics Lead
Strategic Storytelling WorkshopFeb 17th, 2022
This workshop, led by Jeremy Neuner, focused on the power of storytelling to help build the mission and strategy storytelling for your own business.
Jeremy spent 7 years as a Navy Pilot and earned his Masters from Harvard before entering the startup world. Jeremy now has over 25 years of experience in leadership and management, with over 10 years working in the startup industry. Today, Jeremy leads the Startup curriculum for Google's Accelerator team and loves to tell stories!
Jeremy Neuner, Google Accelerator
What Makes an Effective Founder WorkshopJan 20th, 2022
To kick off 2022, Google for Startups Women Founders hosted a workshop to address What Makes an Effective Founder. This session was led by strategist and advisor, Ivana Sediva, with over 30 years of experience mentoring business leaders.
Recording & Workbook (Please make a copy)