On Thursday, 13th February, at Saatchi Gallery in London, we hosted the final event of the second Google Play Indie Games Contest in Europe. 20 finalists came from 12 countries to showcase their games to an excited room of gamers, industry experts and press. Selected based on the votes of the attendees and the Google Play team, the Top 10 pitched in front of a jury who chose the top winners. Big congratulations to everyone, especially to the winner - Bury Me, My Love - and the runners up - Old Man's Journey and Yellow.
It’s been really inspiring to see the enthusiasm around the contest, and the quality and creativity of the indie games developed across the eligible European countries. Many thanks again to everyone who entered the contest. We can’t wait to see the amazing games that you will create this year to delight Android users!
The Google Play Indie Games Contest is a celebration of the passion and innovation of indie game developers from several European countries. It's your chance to get your game noticed by industry experts and players worldwide. You could win prizes that will showcase your art and help you grow your business, including:
- A paid trip to London to exhibit your game at the final event at the Saatchi Gallery
- Paid digital media campaigns worth up to 100,000 EUR
- YouTube influencer campaigns worth up to 50,000 EUR
- Premium placements in Google Play Store
- Promotions on our Android and Google Play marketing channels
- Tickets to Google I/O 2018 & other top industry events
- The latest Google hardware
- Special prizes for the best Unity games
- And more